Sunday, January 17, 2010

Paleo Iced Coffee


When Allison first told me about Paleo, I remember the following conversation:

Allison: "No dairy."

Me (in my head): "Crazy woman."
(out loud): "What are you going to put in coffee?"

Allison: "Drink it black."

Me (again, in my head): "Ewwwwwwwwww".

So, I tried to mentally prepare myself for drinking black coffee. Allison suggested the caramel-flavored from Henry's (already a favorite of ours) and using a French press to make it milder.

I am proud to say that I've not had any milk in my coffee since going to Paleo. Most days, I do drink it black (and find I sip it more instead of down it), and the French press is kick-ass. Sometimes, I end up with about half a cup of coffee in the press. Often times, I'll save it in there until I get home and then do this super-easy p.m. iced coffee.

Ingredients:

~1/2 cup of cold black coffee
Splash of almond milk (homemade is best)
Ice

Directions:

1. Pour the coffee over ice.

2. Add almond milk to desired lightness.

3. Enjoy! Mine always makes a cool pattern as the more dense almond milk sinks to the bottom :)

1 comment: