Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Root Vegetable Hash


I have been getting stuck in the same veggie rut for some time now...peppers, eggplant, etc. (not that they are bad, just needed a change). I saw this recipe and thought it was a great way to change it up a bit...plus, good organic root veggies are available right now. This is adapted from a recipe on www.marksdailyapple.com

Chop into small cubes the following root veggies:
2 carrots
2 rutabaga
2 turnip
1 beet
1 onion
Ground cumin
Spices of preference

(I would use 1 of each veggie for a smaller batch...this makes quite a bit)

Par-boil for 10-12 min. Drain.

Saute 1 chopped onion in olive oil until soft. Add root veggies/spices and brown until crispy.

Top with or serve with eggs or lean meat.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good and a great way to try new veggies! I might have to put those on my grocery list for next week.

    ReplyDelete